Design a Curriculum that Meets Your Leadership Goals
Belmont University’s Master of Education in Learning and Organizational Change (LOC) is a unique program that allows students to create a personalized curriculum focusing on leadership development in their own organization. Those pursuing a Master’s in Learning and Organizational Change experience coursework that is applicable to their own goals and desired outcomes. Students within this program undertake a specific set of core classes that allow them to expand their knowledge of leadership and management of the change process. Upon completion of the core curriculum, students work closely with faculty members to design the remainder of their studies with specific goals in mind. The goals of this program will usually relate to some change the student would like to make within their workplace.
Through this program students will enhance their understanding of organizations, leadership theory and practice, and their ability to lead an organization through the change process. Additionally they will:
- Acquire reflective/analytical tools and ethical framework necessary for critical
- Enhance their understanding of organizational infrastructure
- Learn how to diagnose organizational problems
- Design a strategy to assist an organization to change
- Work through and evaluate the change process within their own organization
- The 30 hour program is designed for part-time completion in 24 months.
- Classes are offered in eight-week sessions, consisting of four Saturday in-class sessions.
- Class sizes are small, allowing students to develop a strong network of peer relationships and receive individualized attention from our highly experienced faculty.
Credits Required for Graduation: 30
- Complete four Core Courses
- Complete five Special Focus Courses
- Complete Thesis/Project
Click here for course descriptions from the Graduate Catalog.
Ready to take the next step?
For more information contact:
Dr. Joy Kimmons
"The M.Ed. Leadership program is great for people who are looking for a program that allows them the flexibility to continue their education while working. It allowed me to study my field specifically, while giving me the general tools I will need when in a leadership position. This program is designed around the individual needs of the student."
- Sarah Elfrank