Apply to the Program
After completing the core coursework, Belmont teacher candidates can apply to the intern program. The application process consists of the following steps:
Application Form: Apply Online.
- Application Fee: You must submit a $50 non-refundable application fee with your application materials.
- Official Transcripts: Request official transcripts from all previous colleges that you have attended by calling your school or ordering them online. We must receive them in the original sealed envelope sent from the colleges. Please allow 4-6 weeks for all official transcripts to be received. Mail transcripts to: Belmont University, Office of Admissions, 1900 Belmont Blvd, Nashville, TN 37212.
- Test Scores: Submit GRE (Graduate Record Examination) or MAT (Miller Analogies Test) scores to Belmont. Please allow 4-6 weeks for all test scores to be received. Applicants’ scores must be in at least the 50th percentile. Please enter the Belmont University institution code 1058.
- Praxis Scores: Those applying to the Master of Arts in Teaching program must complete the Praxis content knowledge exam in their intended license area. Contact Andrea McClain for more information.
- Recommendation form: Have two people who know you well complete a Belmont recommendation form. They are submitted through the online application process.
- Essay: A one page essay on your personal teaching philosophy and goals.
- Interview: You may receive a call to schedule an interview with the Director of Master of Arts in Teaching program.
Application Status: Applicants are accepted on a rolling admissions pattern; thus, you will be notified of the admissions committee's decision shortly after the admissions requirements are completed. To check on the status of your application, check your BU4U account.
Tuition Information: Click here to determine your total estimated costs per semester for courses in the Master of Arts in Teaching program.
After being offered admission to Belmont, you must submit a nonrefundable enrollment deposit of $150 ($3,000 for international students) payable to Belmont University which will be applied to the first semester charges.
For questions contact Andrea McClain.