Apply to the Program
After completing the core coursework Belmont teacher candidates can apply to the intern program. The application process consists of the following steps:
1. Complete the online MAT graduate application to Belmont University
Belmont University requires that all summer applicants must submit all materials by May 1; however for all Intern applicants, all application materials are due March 1 to be considered for the fall internship. We strongly recommend that you submit your materials prior to this date. Click here to access the online graduate application to Belmont University.
2. Complete the Intern Placement Application
This placement application is separate from the application to the Belmont Graduate School. While the deadline for applying to the Graduate School is later in the semester, we begin making placements very early in the year. We begin reviewing placement applications and pairing accepted interns with their mentors on January 15, and the deadline for applying to the Intern Program is March 1, the spring before you plan to begin the intern program. Interns will be reviewed and paired with mentors on a rolling basis between January 15 and March 1. Submitting your intern placement application after March 1 places you on a waitlist for a placement. For priority placement, submit your application by February 1. You can access this application by clicking here. This application is separate from Belmont’s online graduate application and should be submitted directly to the education department.
3. Submit two letters of recommendation to Belmont University Admissions.
4. Submit scores from either the GRE or the MAT to Belmont University Admissions. The institution code for Belmont is 1058.
5. Submit a letter of intent and resume to Belmont University Admissions.
6. Submit official transcripts from every college attended to Belmont University Admissions. If you are still finishing your undergraduate degree you can submit this application with your current official transcript and put a request in to your school to submit your transcripts upon your graduation.
7. Complete the Intern Interview with the Intern Director, Intern Advisor, and MAT Director. Dr. Lauren Lunsford will contact you about setting this up individually.
If submitting a paper copy of the MAT application, send all application materials to:
1900 Belmont Boulevard
Nashville, TN 37212-3757