Apply for Admission
Admissions Information and Deadlines
|Fall: August 1
|Spring: December 1|
|Summer: May 1
|Internship Only : March 1|
|Special Ed: May 1|
Prior to admission, you should request a preliminary transcript evaluation here.
- Application Form: Complete the Graduate Application and return it to Belmont
University's Office of Admissions by the deadlines listed above or apply online.
- Application Fee: You must submit a $50 non-refundable application fee with your application materials. If you are applying online, you will pay this fee online via credit/debit card or e-check prior to submitting your application; if you are filling out the paper application please attach a $50 check, made payable to Belmont University, with your application form.
- Recommendation Forms: Have two people (non-relatives) complete a Recommendation Form and send it directly to the Office of Admissions. On the form, clearly indicate which Graduate Education track you are applying for (as listed above on your application).
- Resume: Submit a current resume to the address below.
- Letter of Intent: Submit a 1-page letter of intent on why you want to pursue the program. This letter is also used as a writing sample. Please send to the address below.
- Official Transcripts: To be admitted to a graduate education program, you must
have an undergraduate degree with a GPA of 2.75, or 3.0 in the last 60 hours. Request official transcripts from all previous colleges that you have attended by calling your school or ordering them online. You must submit these in the original sealed envelope sent from the colleges. Please allow 4-6 weeks for all official transcripts to be received.
- Test Scores: All Education programs accept the following test scores: GRE (Graduate
Record Examination) or MAT (Miller Analogies Test). Applicants’ scores must be in at least the 50th percentile. The following test scores are accepted: GRE (Graduate Record Examination) or MAT (Miller Analogies Test), or GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test—M.Ed. only). Applicants must score in the top 50% of test takers to be considered for admission.
- Interview with Program Director
On occasion, a limited number of applicants who do not possess the standard undergraduate grade point average or GRE/MAT scores considered necessary for regular admission (but otherwise demonstrate the probability for success) may be admitted conditionally. Conditional admission requires approval of the Program director. Further, these students may be required to complete a minimum of six graduate hours with a 3.0 GPA or above before the conditional admission is removed and these students’ enrollment is changed to regular degree-seeking status.
After being offered admission to Belmont, the student must complete the Enrollment Confirmation Form enclosed in your acceptance packet and submit a nonrefundable enrollment deposit of $150.00 ($3,000 for international students) payable to Belmont University which will be applied to the first semester charges.
GRE and MAT Information: Have scores for the GRE or MAT submitted to Belmont. GRE: www.takethegre.com or 1-866-473-4373 or MAT: 1-800-622-3231 and see the list of schools below to take the MAT. If you have taken either test within the last 5 years, call the appropriate phone number above and have them mail your results to the Office of Admissions address below. If you have not yet taken either test, you may call to schedule a GRE on-line test by calling the number above. The MAT can be taken regionally by arranging a time at one of the following locations. Please allow 4-6 weeks for official test scores to be received.
Schools that offer the Miller Analogies Test (MAT):
Lipscomb University: - 966-6303
Trevecca University - 248-1346
TN State University (TSU) - 963-7114
Middle TN State (MTSU) - 896-2863
Bethel University - 329-9391
Send all application materials to:
- Application Status: To check on the status of your graduate education application or to ask a question about the graduate education admissions process, contact Andrea McClain at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuition Information: Click here to determine your total estimated costs per semester for courses in the Graduate Education program.