Apply for Admission
Admissions Information and Deadlines
Master of Arts in Teaching Application Deadlines
|Fall: June 1
|Spring: December 1|
|Summer: April 1
|Intern Program Only: March 1|
|Master of Education deadlines: see below|
Prior to admission for the Master of Arts in Teaching program only, you should request a preliminary transcript evaluation here.
- Online application for all graduate programs: http://www.belmont.edu/graduate/index.html
- Test Scores: All Education programs accept the following test scores: GRE (Graduate
Record Examination) or MAT (Miller Analogies Test). Applicants’ scores must be in at least the 50th percentile.
- Praxis Scores: Those applying to the Master of Arts in Teaching program only must complete the praxis content knowledge exam in their intended license area. Contact Andrea McClain for more information.
- Interview with Program Director
On occasion, a limited number of applicants who do not possess the standard undergraduate grade point average or GRE/MAT scores considered necessary for regular admission (but otherwise demonstrate the probability for success) may be admitted conditionally. Conditional admission requires approval by the Program director. Further, these students may be required to complete a minimum of six graduate hours with a 3.0 GPA or above before the conditional admission is removed and these students’ enrollment is changed to regular degree-seeking status.
After being offered admission to Belmont, the student must complete the Enrollment Confirmation process submitting a nonrefundable enrollment deposit of $150.00 ($3,000 for international students) payable to Belmont University which will be applied to the first semester charges.
GRE and MAT Information: Have scores for the GRE or MAT submitted to Belmont University using the institution code 1058. GRE: www.takethegre.com or 1-866-473-4373 or MAT: 1-800-622-3231 and see the list of schools below to take the MAT. If you have taken either test within the last 5 years, call the appropriate phone number above and have them mail your results to the Office of Admissions address below. If you have not yet taken either test, you may call to schedule a GRE on-line test by calling the number above. The MAT can be taken regionally by arranging a time at one of the following locations. Please allow 4-6 weeks for official test scores to be received.
Schools that offer the Miller Analogies Test (MAT):
TN State University (TSU) - 615-963-7114
Middle TN State (MTSU) - 615-896-2863
Bethel University - 615-329-9391
Have all transcripts sent to:
- Application Status: To check on the status of your graduate education application or to ask a question about the graduate education admissions process, contact Andrea McClain at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuition Information: Click here to determine your total estimated costs per semester for courses in the Graduate Education program.
M.Ed. APPLICANTS ONLY
In order to better serve our students, we are only accepting applications for fall semesters and no longer offer spring or summer admission.
APPLICATION OPEN AND CLOSE DATES
September 1, 2014 Application to the M.Ed. programs at Belmont University is now open for the Fall 2015 semester.
M.Ed. Information Sessions
Contact: Andrea McClain
Final Application Deadline
April 1, 2015 Deadline for applicants to submit all application materials. The M.Ed. application must be complete by this date, including official MAT/GRE scores.
M.Ed. Interviews for Completed Applications
Priority Interviews for applications completed by February 1, 2015 is Friday, February 13, 2015 8am-5pm.
Final Interviews Friday, April 17, 2015 8am-5pm
Friday, May 1, 2015
New Education Graduate Student Orientation
Friday, August 21, 2015 at 1pm