Education Department: Conceptual Framework
'Building Together for Excellence in Education'
- Develop skills for effective teaching of prospective teachers for kindergarten, elementary, middle and
- Provide a knowledge base reflecting what is known about how learners learn best.
- Promote Christian values and ethics as they relate to teaching students from various cultures and
- Emphasize application of sound educational principles.
- Provide opportunities for extensive field work.
Belmont University is a member of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education and the Association of Liberal Arts Colleges of Teacher Education. It has the approval of the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the State Board of Education of Tennessee as an authorized teacher education institution.