Belmont University is a student-centered Christian community providing an academically challenging education that empowers men and women of diverse backgrounds to engage and transform the world with disciplined intelligence, compassion, courage and faith.
Belmont’s Welcome Home initiative was established by senior leadership to support the university’s goal of becoming increasingly more diverse and broadly reflective of our local and global communities. The Welcome Home team meets regularly to explore initiatives and plan strategies to create a culture of inclusion, to ensure learning experiences that enable students to gain strong intercultural competencies and to actively and intentionally recruit diverse faculty, staff and students. Through the efforts of this group, Belmont will strive to become a model for creating and sustaining a culture of racial and ethnic diversity while producing a welcoming environment for all. Students, faculty and staff participate on the Welcome Home team which serves in an advisory capacity to senior leadership and is chaired by Vice President and Chief of Staff Dr. Susan West.
|Powerpoint Presentation on Welcome Home Team Initiatives|
For a complete listing of the Welcome Home Team's initiatives, click here.
Welcome Home Team Members
• Dr. Susan West, VP & Chief of Staff/Chair
• Meg Arnold, Human Resources/Staff Representative
• Gary Hunter, Telecommunications Office/Staff Representative
• Dr. Phil Johnston, College of Pharmacy/Faculty Representative
• Dr. Colin Cannonier, College of Business/Faculty Representative
• Steven Martin, Admissions/Staff Representative
• David Mee, Enrollment Services/Staff Representative
• Greg Pillon, Office of Communications/Staff Representative
• John Carney, University Marketing and Public Relations/Staff Representative
• Dr. Cheryl Slay Carr, College of Entertainment and Music Business/Faculty Representative
• Pat Smedley, Student Financial Services/Staff Representative
• Joyce Searcy, Community Relations/Staff Representative
• Angie Bryant, Student Engagement and Leadership Development
• Hope Buckner, Office of Communications/USAC Representative
• Ethan Jones, Student Representative
• Erica Rivero, Student Representative
The Welcome Home Team recently announced the creation of the Dr. Fannie Hewlett Award that celebrates racial and ethnic diversity by recognizing student courage, leadership and contribution to a culture of inclusion at Belmont. For the nomination packet, click here.
1900 Belmont Boulevard, Nashville, TN 37212
email - firstname.lastname@example.org