Faculty & Staff Campaign - Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I give?
While those who work at for-profit companies are often encouraged to give to charitable organizations, as an employee of Belmont, you have the unique opportunity to give back directly to the place where you work. Not only do you have an impact on the lives of Belmont students through your daily service, but you also can play an important role in the overall growth and development of the University through your financial support.
We each care about Belmont and want to see the University prosper. The Faculty & Staff Campaign gives us the opportunity to support various facets of the University, which ultimately affect us. Additionally, a strong foundation of giving within the University sends an important message to donors in our community. Our gifts indicate that we believe so strongly in Belmont This is especially important when we apply for grants, as foundations and corporations typically inquire about our faculty and staff giving percentages. that we are willing to support our institution before asking others to do the same.
Why does Belmont need faculty & staff support?
- Belmont is a non-profit institution that relies on funding beyond student tuition. We need the support of alumni, friends, parents, students, faculty, staff, corporations, and foundations to keep Belmont in business.
- Your gift helps Belmont continue to offer scholarships and competitive financial aid opportunities for deserving students.
- Your gift sets an example for our donors and students. Many constituents view faculty and staff giving as a quality rating which demonstrates our belief in the value of a Belmont education.
- Many foundations and corporations evaluate faculty and staff giving percentages when considering grant requests. Your participation makes a difference when Belmont competes against other universities for grant funding.
How do I benefit from making a gift?
- Your generosity has an immediate impact on the stability and growth of Belmont and you help to provide needed financial assistance for students.
- Your gift is tax-deductible.
- As faculty and staff members of Belmont we enjoy free memberships to the Beaman Student Life Center; free tickets to Belmont athletic events that are held in the Curb Event Center; and a discounted rental rate for the Maddox Grand Atrium.
How can I designate my gift?
Many of faculty and staff members choose to give to the Belmont University Annual Fund, which provides support where the need is greatest. Annual Fund gifts enable the University to fund areas of critical need and take advantage of unexpected opportunities that will benefit the University. Gifts to the Annual Fund support initiatives such as the library, technology improvements, and scholarships. A gift to the Annual Fund touches all key aspects of the University. Some faculty and staff also give to specially designated funds or programs, such as need-based scholarships, student awards, or other departments.
How can I give?
Giving options include:
- Personal check (send to Fidelity Hall, Room 105).
- Payroll deduction (click here to access the online form)
- Electronic funds transfer (click here to access the online form)
- Credit card (click here to make an online credit card payment)
Additional options include gifts of appreciated securities, personal property, and real estate. We understand that the details of your gift are personal. Please contact the Office of Development at 460-5517 if you have any questions regarding how to make a gift.
How will my gift be recognized?
All faculty and staff gifts made prior to the end of the fiscal year (May 31) will be listed in the 2010-2011 Annual University Advancement Report. In addition, all campaign participants will be invited to a special recognition reception in April. Requests for anonymity are honored.