College of Entertainment and Music Business Policies
The following requirements apply to students pursuing the Audio Engineering Technology (AET), Entertainment Industry Studies (EIS), Songwriting (SNG), and the Music Business (MBU) majors:
1. A maximum of six (6) credit hours for Internship (MBU/AET/SNG/EIS 3000) may be applied toward degree completion.
2. With regard to “double-majors” or the pursuit of multiple degrees, individual course credit may not be applied to more than one major or concentration. With regard to transfer classes, individual course credit is not guaranteed and credit toward major and concentration requirements will be applied only after successful completion of the appropriate placement test(s).
3. Unless otherwise specified, all study abroad courses will be credited on a Pass/Fail (P/F) basis. Final decisions on issuance of grade credit for study abroad will be at the discretion of the University Registrar.
4. Entertainment Industry Studies (EIS), Audio Engineering Technology (AET), and Songwriting (SNG) majors must maintain at least a 2.00 GPA in their major area of study. Music Business (MBU) majors must maintain at least a 2.00 GPA in the business administration courses (tool and core) required within the Bachelor of Business Administration degree.
6. All CEMB students must complete a minimum of 50% of their coursework in residence at Belmont University.
Songwriting Major Admissions
The following requirement applies to students pursuing admission to the major in Songwriting.
Admission to the Songwriting program is competitive and requires supplemental application materials in addition to university requirements. Applicants are required to submit a portfolio of 3-4 songs, including demonstration recordings with lyric sheets and must answer the appropriate questions on the Academic Program Supplement. Portfolio submission details and timelines for review are published at http://www.belmont.edu/cemb/songwriting.