Statement of Purpose
Belmont University is a student-centered Christian community providing an academically challenging education that enables men and women of diverse backgrounds to engage and transform the world with disciplined intelligence, compassion, courage and faith.
- Belmont University is student-centered . The university provides opportunities for the student to develop intellectually, spiritually, socially, and physically through experiences of leadership and collaboration, of success and failure and of choice. Faculty, administration, and staff commit themselves to guide and to challenge students to develop their full potential in order to lead lives of meaning and purpose.
- Belmont University is a Christian community that presents Jesus as the Christ and as the model for personal behavior. Students are encouraged to commit themselves to high moral standards and to discover Christian values basic to wholesome personal growth and spiritual fulfillment.
- Belmont University offers academically challenging undergraduate and graduate programs emphasizing knowledge, fundamental intellectual skills, cultural perspectives, conceptual frameworks, and habits of ethical reflection and action in an interdependent world. All learning contexts stress the skills and dispositions necessary for lifelong learning that sustains the value of higher education in each person's professional and personal life.
- Belmont University welcomes students from diverse backgrounds and upholds the dignity of all. The university fosters an atmosphere of respect for the civil expression of divergent perspectives that enables students to learn, to live, to work, and to play together.
- Belmont University students are challenged to engage and transform the world locally and globally. Viewing higher education as a transformative experience, Belmont prepares its graduates to take civic responsibilities seriously, to consider innovative solutions to problems, and to bring the best of themselves, their creativity, their intellectual skills, and their faith to meet the challenges and opportunities that face the human community.