Students and Alumni
Online Career Resources
Career Planning - Sophomores
Explore careers and assess your work related values, interests, and skills.
- Visit the GPS Office on the second floor of the Library.
- Assess your work related values, interests, and skills by taking Focus.
- Find out your personality type and learn about careers that might be a good fit for you by taking the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
- Explore occupations that might be a good fit for you by taking the Strong Interest Inventory.
- Familiarize yourself with the Office of Career Services by learning about the services available to you as a student at Belmont.
- Review What Can I Do with this Major?
- Volunteer your time with community organizations.
- Explore our Online Career Resources.
- Develop relationships with faculty, staff, and professionals in the Office of Career Services.
- Research occupations on O*Net.
- Explore internship opportunities posted on CareerConnector.
- Gain work experience by finding part time employment on or off campus.
- Begin developing a resume and have your resume reviewed by a staff member in Career Services. Sample resumes are available on CareerConnector.
- Follow the Office of Career Services on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for career related articles and resources, job and internship announcements, and event information.
- Begin to pursue leadership roles in student organizations.
- Attend Career Day to learn about employers in your field of interest.
- Seek summer jobs related to your major and career field of interest. View and apply for positions using CareerConnector.