Career Planning - Juniors
Test out your career field of interest by completing internships.
- Assess your work related values, interests, and skills by taking Focus.
- Find out your personality type and learn about careers that might be a good fit for you by taking the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
- Explore occupations that might be a good fit for you by taking the Strong Interest Inventory.
- Review What Can I Do with this Major?
- Begin testing your career decision through volunteer work, part-time jobs, and internships.
- Attend the Belmont & Beyond series during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Set up informational interviews with professionals in your field of interest.
- Develop your public speaking, communication and organizational skills.
- Refine your resume and have your resume reviewed by a staff member in Career Services. Sample resumes are available on CareerConnector.
- View and apply for internship opportunities posted on CareerConnector.
- Interviewing for an internship, position, or graduate school? Utilize InterviewStream or set up a practice interview with a staff member in Career Services.
- Research industries, professional associations, and occupations using our Online Career Resources.
- Research occupations on O*Net.
- Create a LinkedIn profile and connect with your professional contacts. Join the Belmont University Career Services LinkedIn Group to connect with Belmont students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
- Follow the Office of Career Services on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for career related articles and resources, job and internship announcements, and event information.
- If you are considering graduate school, begin researching your options and applying to schools of interest. Check out our Graduate School Links for helpful information and resources.
- Attend Career Day in the Fall and the Nashville Area Career Fairs in the Spring – contact the Office of Career Services to obtain a free ticket.
- Seek summer jobs related to your major and career field of interest. View and apply for positions on CareerConnector.
Freshmen - Sophomores - Juniors - Seniors