Interviewing for an internship, job, or graduate school? Review our tips below to help you prepare! Contact Career Services to schedule an appointment for a practice interview.
- Learn as much as you can about the company or program prior to the interview - know its mission, products, services, values, and culture. Good resources include the company or program website, employees who work at the company, Career Services, and LinkedIn.
- Practice your responses to commonly asked interview questions.
- Be prepared to give examples of how you demonstrated your skills in previous jobs and internships, student leadership, class projects, and volunteer work.
- Allow plenty of time to get to the interview, and if possible, visit the company in advance to know how much time to allow on the day of your interview.
- Plan your interview attire in advance, and make sure your attire is appropriate and professional. It is best to dress conservatively, no matter the industry and a suit is recommended. Make sure your clothes are pressed, your shoes are shined, and your hair and nails are well groomed. Remember, you never get a second chance to make a first impression.