Students and Alumni
Online Career Resources
Career Planning - Freshmen
Learn what's out there and get involved!
- Explore your academic interests by enrolling in a variety of courses.
- Join student organizations and attend on-campus activities.
- Volunteer your time with community organizations.
- Familiarize yourself with the Office of Career and Professional Development by learning about the services available to you as a student at Belmont.
- Review What Can I Do with this Major?
- Explore our Online Career Resources.
- Assess your work related values, interests, and skills by taking Focus.
- Find out your personality type and learn about careers that might be a good fit for you by taking the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
- Explore occupations that might be a good fit for you by taking the Strong Interest Inventory.
- Begin developing a resume and have your resume reviewed by a staff member in Career Development. Sample resumes are available on CareerConnector.
- Follow the Office of Career and Professional Development on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for career related articles and resources, job and internship announcements, and event information.
- Attend Career Day to learn about employers in your field of interest.
- Seek summer jobs related to your major and career field of interest. View and apply for positions using CareerConnector.