Dr. Sehyun Yoo
Dr. Sehyun Yoo
Associate Professor of Finance
Email: Dr. Sehyun Yoo
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Ph.D. - Temple University, Finance
- M.B.A. - IESE, Barcelona, Business Administration
- B.S. - The University of Buckingham, Economics with Honours of First Class
- Assistant Professor of Finance, Belmont University
- Assistant Professor of Finance, San Diego State University/Imperial Valley
- International Assets Manager, Market Analyst, Dongsuh Securities
- Olympic Village Coordinator, Barcelona Olympic Games Organization Committee
- Yoo, S., Shenkel, M., & Kim, J. (2013). Examining the Impact of First Son versus Non-First Son Successions on Family Firm Performance. Journal of Small Business Management, forthcoming.
- Byoun, S., Kim, J., & Yoo, S. (2011). Risk Management with Leverage: Evidence from Project Finance. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 48, 549 - 577
- Kim, J., Landi, J., & Yoo, S. (2009). Inter-temporal examination of the trading activities of foreign investors in the Korean stock market. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 17, 243-256.
- Kim, J. & Yoo, S. (2009). Market liberalization and foreign equity portfolio selection in Korea. Journal of Multinational Financial Management, 19, 206-220.
- Choi, J., Park, S., & Yoo, S. (2007). The Value of Outside Directors: Evidence from Corporate Governance Reform in Korea. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 42 (4), 941-962.
Dr. Sehyun (Sean) Yoo joined the Belmont University faculty in August of 2008. He earned a B.S. in Economics with Honours of First Class from the University of Buckingham (United Kingdom), a Bilingual M.B.A. from IESE, Barcelona (Spain), and a Ph.D. in Finance from Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Possessing international experience, he worked as Olympic Village Coordinator for the Olympic Games held in Barcelona, Spain in 1992 and was an International Assets Manager and Market Analyst for Dongsuh Securities in Seoul, Korea before pursuing his doctorate in the United States.
His academic experience includes working as a graduate assistant in the Department of Finance and teaching summer classes at Temple University. He taught both undergraduate and graduate courses in finance at San Diego State University before joining the Belmont University faculty.
Dr. Yoo’s research has been published in the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis and the Pacific-Basin Finance Journal and presented at international conferences such as the Financial Management Association International and the Academy of International Business. His research interests include corporate governance and ownership structure and their relations to firm performance, stock trading patterns by investor type and their effects on market parameters, project finance, and familty firms.
He is a member of the Financial Management Association, The American Finance Association, and the Korea America Finance Association.