Dr. Thomas C. Wooten
Professor of Accounting
Email: Dr. Tommy Wooten
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- Ph.D. - Georgia State University, Accounting
- M.P.A. - Georgia State University, Master of Professional Accountancy
- B.B.A. - University of Georgia, Accounting
- Certified Management Accountant
- Certified Public Accountant
- Associate Professor of Accounting, Belmont University
- Instructor, Georgia State University
- Senior Corporate Accountant, Yancey Bros. Company
- Audit Senior, Coopers & Lybrand CPAs
- Wooten, T. C. & Dillard-Eggers, J. (2013). An Investigation of On-line Homework: Required or Not Required? Contemporary Issues in Education Research (CIER).
- Wooten, T. C. (2011). The Effect of Audit Tenure on Risk Assessment. Oil & Gas Tax Quarterly.
SELECTED HONORS & AWARDS
- Awarded a Summer Belmont Time-out for research into teaching effectiveness for accounting students., Belmont University.
- GTA Teaching Excellence Award, Georgia State University
His research interest in teaching pedagogy has resulted in articles published in the College Teaching Methods & Styles Journal, Tennessee CPA, Journal of College Teaching and Learning, and Advances in Accounting Education. Articles relating to auditing have been published in the CPA Journal and papers presented at regional and national professional conferences.
Dr. Wooten has served his profession as a past editor of the Nonprofit Management & Leadership journal and holds membership in the American Accounting Association, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Institute of Management Accountants, and other professional organizations.
Dr. Wooten has earned memberships in Beta Gamma Sigma (business), Sigma Beta Delta (business) and Beta Alpha Psi (accounting) honor societies. He received the GTA Teaching Excellence Award while at Georgia State University.