Dr. Susan Taylor
Dr. Susan Taylor
Professor of Marketing
Email: Dr. Susan Taylor
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- D.B.A. - Mississippi State University, Marketing
- M.B.A. - Nicholls State University, Marketing
- B.S. - Nicholls State University, Marketing
- Associate Dean, Belmont University, Jack C. Massey College of Business
- Associate Professor of Marketing, Belmont University
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, Valdosta State University
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, State University of West Georgia
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Mississippi State University Department of Marketing
- Graduate Research Assistant, Mississippi State University Department of Marketing
- Instructor of Marketing, Department of Management and Marketing, Nicholls State University
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Management and Marketing, Nicholls State University
- Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Economics and Finance, Nicholls State University
- Analyst/Developmental Business Relations Specialist, General Operating Department, Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company, a division of Tenneco Inc.
- Field Accountant III, Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company, a division of Tenneco Inc.
- Taylor, S. L. & Finley, J. B. (2011). Adding Value to the Masters of Accounting Curriculum Through an International Travel Experience. Global Perspectives on Accounting Education, 8, 47-66.
SELECTED HONORS & AWARDS
- 2005: Outstanding Scholarly Activity Award, Jack C. Massey College of Business, Belmont University.
- 2004: Outstanding Scholarly Activity Award, Belmont University, Jack C. Massey College of Business.
- 1999: Innovative Teaching Award, Valdosta State University.
- 1999: Quality Research Award, Valdosta State University.
- 1998: Quality Research Award, Valdosta State University.
- 1996: Teaching Innovation Award, West Georgia College.
- 1996: Annual Publication Award, West Georgia College.
- 1994: Teaching Innovation Award, West Georgia College.
- 1991: Best Paper in Track Award -- Service Marketing/Consumer Satisfaction Track, Southern Marketing Association.
Dr. Susan Taylor, Professor of Marketing, earned a B.S. in Marketing and an M.B.A. from Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, LA. She taught for two years in the Marketing and Management Department at Nicholls State University before returning to school to earn her D.B.A. degree from Mississippi State University. Dr. Taylor spent seven years in the Georgia System of Higher Education prior to accepting a faculty position at Belmont University in 2000.
A native of Kentucky, Dr. Taylor worked as a Field Accountant for Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company, a division of Tenneco Inc. She then transferred to the company headquarters in Houston, Texas, where she gained business expertise as an Analyst/Developmental Business Relations Specialist. These experiences provided her with insight into practical business applications and laid the foundation for the advanced development of her marketing expertise.
Dr. Taylor has taught a variety of courses in both The Jack C. Massey Graduate School of Business and in the Undergraduate School of Business Administration. Her teaching experience includes: Principles of Marketing, Advertising, Market Research, Direct Marketing, Personal Selling, Consumer Behavior, and Strategic Marketing Management. She served as Associate Dean of the Undergraduate School of Business from 2004 to 2012, during which time the program earned recognition by Bloomberg BusinessWeek as a "Best Undergraduate B-School" and maintained accreditation by AACSB International.
Dr. Taylor's research interests lie in the areas of international education, nonprofit marketing, e-commerce, collaborative teaching practices, health care marketing, and internal marketing. She has published in such scholarly journals as the Journal of Teaching in International Business, Journal of Education for Business, Journal of the Academy of Business Education, Journal of Consumer Marketing, Journal of Health Care Marketing, Marketing Health Services, Health Care Management Review, Business Forum, Nonprofit World, Journal of Nonprofit and Public Sector Marketing, Supervision, HRfocus, Journal of Transportation Management, Journal of Professional Services Marketing, and International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Administration.
During her academic career, Dr. Taylor received the Jack C. Massey College of Business Scholarly Activity Award in 2004 and 2005. She has also received innovative teaching and quality research awards from her prior institutions.