Dr. Jane Finley
Dr. Jane Finley
Professor of Accounting and Management Information Systems
Deloitte & Touche Professor in Accounting
Email: Dr. Jane Finley
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Ph.D. - Florida State University, Information Sciences Management
- B.B.A. - Emory University, Accounting
- M.Acc. -University of South Carolina, Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (Inactive - State of Florida)
- Publix Super Markets, Board of Directors, Member Audit and Compensation Committee
- Deloitte and Touche Professor of Accounting, Belmont University
- Associate Dean, Graduate Business School and Coordinator, Accounting Program, Belmont University
- Partner in the Consulting Practice of Deloitte, Deloitte and Touche
- Manager in the Information Systems practice, KPMG Peat Marwick
- Comptroller which functioned as the Chief Financial Officer for the airport, Miami International Airport
- Taylor, S. L. & Finley, J. B. (in press, 2008). An Examination of U.S. AACSB-International Accounting Accredited Schools to Determine Global Travel Experience Requirements in Accounting Masters Program. Journal of Education for Business.
- Bischoff, J., Finley, J. B. , & LeBlanc, D. (2008). Financial Statement Restatements: Causes and Effects. Tennessee CPA, 53 (3), 5-7.
- Finley, J. B., Taylor, S. L. , & Warren, L. (2007). Investigating Graduate Students' Perceptions of the Educational Value Provided by an International Travel Course Experience. Journal of Teaching in International Business, 19 (1).
SELECTED AWARDS & HONORS
- COBA Service Award, Belmont University Jack C. Massey College of Business (2008)
- Most Inspirational Professor Award (2001)
- Accounting Educator Award, Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants (2001)
Dr. Finley is the Deloitte and Touche Professor of Accounting and has taught at Belmont since 1995. During that period, she taught while serving in various administrative positions, including Associate Dean of the Graduate Business Program and, until May 2008, was the Coordinator of the Accounting Programs. She has a B.B.A in Accounting from Emory University, a Masters in Accounting (M.Acc.) from the University of South Carolina, and a Ph.D. in Information Systems Management from Florida State University.
Prior to returning to school for a Ph.D, Dr. Finley was a consulting partner at Deloitte Consulting. She was in the Miami office where she specialized in information systems strategy, design and implementation. Prior to joining Deloitte Consulting, she was with the Peat Marwick (predicator firm to KPMG) consulting practice in the Miami, Washington DC and Atlanta offices. She also worked at both the Miami International Airport and the Federal Home Loan Bank Board. Dr. Finley is a current member of the Board of Directors for Publix Super Markets, Lakeland, Florida. She serves o the Audit and Compensation Committee.
She holds memberships in various professional associations, including the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. She is an inactive CPA in the state of Florida. In addition, she has served on various committees for AACSB International, including the committee to rewrite the current accounting standards. She has co-chaired various AACSB visiting accreditation teams. She is published in several journals, including the Tennessee CPA Journal.
Dr. Finley is a member of the business honor societies of Beta Gamma Sigma, Beta Alpha Psi and Sigma Beta Delta. She has received the Most Inspirational Professor Award, the Tennessee Society of CPA's Accounting Educator of the Year Award and the College of Business Teaching Award.