Dr. Dennis C. Chen
Assistant Professor of Management and International Business
E-mail: Dr. Dennis Chen
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Ph.D. - University of Kentucky, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management concentration
- M.B.A. - Baylor University
- B.E. - Vanderbilt University, Mechanical Engineering
- Assistant Professor of Management and International Business, Belmont University
- Adjunct Faculty, Western Kentucky University
- Engineering manager, SCA Personal Care, Bowling Green, KY
- R&D Process Manager, Paragon Trade Brands, Norcross, GA
- Plant Manager, Goodbaby paragon Hygenic Products Company, Kunshan, China
- Research Scientist and Product Developer, Procter and Gamble, Cincinnati, OH
- Chen, D. C., Overby, J., & Padgett, B. (in press, 2014). Sprinkles Cupcakes: A Case Study of Creating a Successful Internationalizaion Strategy. Journal of International Academy for Case Studies.
- Chen, Dennis C. and Holsapple, Clyde W., "Knowledge Shared is Power: Utilizing Knowledge Management Activities to Replicate Lean Sigma Best Practices," Knowledge Management & E-Learning: An International Journal, 2009, v. 1 No. 2, 90-102.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Finalist for University of Kentucky Provost's 2011 Outstanding Teaching Award
- Gatton College Luckett Fellowship, Kentucky Opportunity Fellowship, and Max Steckler Fellowship, University of Kentucky
- Best Teacher Award, Department of DSIS, University of Kentucky
- United States Patent 7,838,721, "Disposable Articles Using High Column AUL Super Absorbents," issued November 23, 2010
Before joining our faculty, Dr. Chen's academic experience included work as a teaching and research assistant in the Gatton College of Business at the University of Kentucky.
His current research interests are in the areas of supply chain relationships, supply chain social responsibility, and lean Six Sigma implementation. He has several working papers targeted for the Journal of Business Logistics and the Journal of Operations Management and has published in Knowledge Management & E-Learning: An International Journal.