Dr. Beverley Alleyne
Dr. Beverley Alleyne
Assistant Professor of Accounting
Email: Dr. Beverley Alleyne
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- D.B.A. - Argosy University, Sarasota, Florida, Accounting
- M.B.A. - Long Island University, Brooklyn, New York, Accounting
- A.S. - New York City Technical College, Brooklyn, NY, Computer Science
- B.B.A. - Long Island University, Brooklyn, New York, Information Systems
- Assistant Professor of Accounting, Belmont University
- Instructor of Accounting, Belmont University
- Instructor, University of Phoenix
- Financial Auditor, Equitable Life Assurance Society
- Manager, Financial Analysis, Prudential Financial
- Internal Control Manager and Diversity Officer, Prudential Financial
- Assistant Manager, Equitable Life Assurance Society (now AXA Financial)
- Senior Compensation Analyst, Equitable Life Assurance Society (now AXA Financial)
- Data Analyst, Equitable Life Assurance Society (now AXA Financial)
- Alleyne, B. J. (in press, 2014). What Happened to the Tax Exemption? The Case of the Rice Tabernacle Church. Journal of International Academy for Case Studies.
- Elson, R. J. & Alleyne, B. J. (2014). The Growth and Decline of the New Revival Pentecostal Church. Journal of International Academy for Case Studies.
- Alleyne, B. J. & Amaria, Dr. Pesi (2013). The Effectiveness of Corporate Culture, Auditor Education, and Legislation in Identifying, Preventing, and Eliminating Corporate Fraud. International Journal of Business Disciplines (IJBD). [Status: Published]
- Alleyne, B. J. (2013). The Impact of Federal Regulations on Identifying, Preventing, and Eliminating Corporate Fraud. Journal of Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Issues.
SELECTED HONORS & AWARDS
- Outstanding Scholarly Activity (2014)
- Outstanding Teaching Award (2011)
Dr. Alleyne taught as adjunct faculty for the Undergraduate School of Business Administration beginning in 2003. She earned her B.B.A. with an emphasis in Information Systems and an M.B.A. in Accounting at Long Island University in New York. Beverley was awarded her D.B.A. in 2010 and is now a tenure track member of the faculty.
Her business experience includes serving as an Internal Control Manager, Diversity Officer, and Financial Analysis Manager for Prudential Financial in New Jersey and positions ranging from Data Analyst to Financial Auditor for Equitable Life Assurance (now AXA Financial) in New York.