Entrepreneurship Excellence Grants Program
We are excited to provide Belmont students an opportunity to apply for the Entrepreneurship Excellence Grant Program - made possible through a generous donation by a Nashville entrepreneur. This program is designed to assist with small business-related expenses students incur as they begin their entrepreneurial journey. Belmont encourages students from all disciplines to apply.
Average Award: $500
To apply: Email an overview of your business concept and a detailed description of your funding request. Please also tell us how this grant will help you grow your business. Include a detailed breakdown of all costs associated with the expense.
Email to: BelmontETP@belmont.edu
- Awards are intended to help practicing entrepreneurs with small, business-related expenses, and are not limited to College of Business students.
- Students may receive only one grant per academic year.
- Students must provide a receipt showing payment of, or an invoice for, the expense which they are requesting the grant. Invoices will be paid directly to the vendor on your behalf.
- Requests can be for any amount (Ex: $50, $500, or $2,500). All requests will be considered equally. Keep in mind that the average amount awarded is $500 and funds are limited. Requests exceeding $500 may require additional detail to be provided to the reviewing committee, and, if approved, may be funded partially and/or incrementally.
- Requests should describe how the purchase will impact your venture.
- Requests are processed and granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Recipients are required to write a one page follow-up paper with documentation of how the grant impacted their business, as well as a hand-written thank you note.
- This is a grant; you are not required to pay back any monies awarded. Students may consider a donation to the fund when their business is sustainable.
Practicing Entrepreneur Awards
These awards are given out every spring to recognize students who created and operated an entrepreneurial business while enrolled at Belmont University.
Belmont Student Business Plan Competition
This competition takes place during the spring semester of each year. All Belmont undergraduate students are encouraged to apply. Students submit written applications and finalists present to a panel of community and alumni judges. Prizes awarded include:
- 1st Place - $5,000 scholarship award - Outstanding Student Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- 2nd Place - $2,000 scholarship award
- 3rd Place - $1,000 scholarship award
For application and guidelines or more information, contact us at 615-460-6601.
Past Award Recipients of the Belmont Student Business Plan Competition:
2014 - Channing Moreland, Makenzie Stokel, Seth Clarke What's Hubbin
2013 - Ross Hill PictureBooth.Co
2012 - Jerell Harris QuickMed
2011 - Bruno Silva & Jonathan Murrell MyDormFood.com
2010 - Jake Jorgovan Rabbit Hole Creative
2009 - John Price & Sam Dryden Lifetime Reel
2008 - Andy Tabar Bizooki
2007 - Cameron Powell River Rock Media Group
2006 - Andy Tabar Andy Tabar & Associates, Nashville Creative
2005 - Matt Sells Transformations Landscaping
2004 - Kevin Alexandroni Sova Catering