If you are interested in the life sciences, then the Biology major at Belmont University is the place for you! The B.S. degree in Biology can be tailored to meet your interests and career goals. Students choose one of seven different emphases within the biology major:
- Ecology and Biodiversity - Equips students for careers in wildlife, natural areas, research
- General Biology - Provides flexibility in tailoring a biology plan of study
- Marine Biology - An affiliation with the Institute of Marine Sciences in Ocean Springs, Mississippi provides students with the opportunity to pursue marine studies
- Pre-Allied Health - Prepares students for professional schools such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, optometry, physician's assistant
- Pre-Medical - Designed for students interested in medical, dental, and veterinarian school
- Pre-Pharmacy - Provides the background and skills required for application to pharmacy school
- Secondary Education - Designed for students interested in middle and high school teaching
Click below to view our brochure.
Click here to view the PDF version of the Biology brochure.
Click here for more information on Belmont's Pre-Health Studies