« Belmont home

Other Belmont Central Services

Declining Points and Bruins Bucks

Q. What are Bruin Bucks and Declining Points?

A. Declining points are funds that are included with a meal plan that must be used in the term in which the meal plan is purchased. In this instance, any remaining declining points will not carry over to the next semester.

Additional funds called Bruin Bucks are dollar-for- dollar funds that are placed on a student's Belmont University ID card. Bruin Bucks roll over to the next semester of enrollment and do not expire.

  • 500 Bruin Bucks = $500.00
  • 400 Bruin Bucks = $400.00
  • 300 Bruin Bucks = $300.00
  • 200 Bruin Bucks = $200.00
  • 100 Bruin Bucks = $100.00

Q. Where can Bruin Bucks and Declining Points be used?

A. Bruin Bucks and Declining Points can be redeemed at any food service location managed by Dining Services. You can also redeem Bruin Bucks at select off campus restaurants. 

Q. How and when can I purchase Bruin Bucks?

A. Bruin Bucks can be purchased online at https://my.belmont.edu/. After logging into https://my.belmont.edu/, students should select the green "Housing" icon and then "Add Dining Points". Bruin Bucks purchased online will be billed to the student's account.  Please allow 3 - 5 business days for the activation of Bruin Bucks that are purchased online. Additionally, students can purchase Bruin Bucks using cash, check or credit card in our office at Belmont Central.

Parents can also purchase Bruin Bucks for their students by contacting Belmont Central via telephone at 615-460-5402. Please provide your student's Belmont ID number to assist us with completing the transaction.

Q. Why should I consider more Bruin Bucks?

A. With Bruin Bucks, you have the security of not having to carry cash or credit cards.  Lost cards can be reported at Dining Services and the remaining balance can be transferred onto a new ID card. 

Q. How can I get more information?

A. You may call Belmont Central at 615-460-5402 for additional questions.  You may also visit Dining Services located in the Gabhart Student Center or Belmont Central located on the first floor of Freeman Hall.

Lost or stolen ID cards can be replaced.  Should this happen to you, please contact Campus Security at 615-460-6617.

Check Cashing
Belmont Central is authorized to cash checks up to $20 per day per student. A current Belmont University ID and good standing of the student account are required for a student to cash a check. A student who presents a check to Belmont University that is not subsequently honored by the bank on which the check is drawn will be charged $25. If a student has three returned checks or ACH payments during their time at Belmont, privileges for check cashing will be revoked.

Notary Services

Belmont Central offers notary services for Belmont business related documents only. We are not able to notarize personal documents. Please provide a valid ID and documents may not be signed prior to notarization.  

Student Payroll

Paychecks are issued the 2nd Friday of each month and can either be picked up at Belmont Central or directly deposited into the student’s designated checking or savings account.  If paychecks held at Belmont Central are not picked up by the 3rd Friday of each month, they will be mailed to your permanent address. Direct Deposit enrollment is free and is strongly encouraged.  Please complete the  Direct Deposit form and return the completed form to the Payroll office (Fidelity Hall 214).