Skip to main content
Belmont University | Belief in Something Greater

Dining & Bruin Bucks

What are Bruin Bucks and Declining Points?

Declining points are funds that are included with a meal plan that must be used in the term in which the meal plan is purchased. In this instance, any remaining declining points will not carry over to the next semester.

Additional funds called Bruin Bucks are dollar-for-dollar funds that are placed on a student's Belmont University ID card.  Bruin Bucks can be added at any time in any increment. Bruin Bucks roll over to the next semester of enrollment and do not expire.

Where can we use Bruin Bucks and Declining Points?

Bruin Bucks and Declining Points can be redeemed at any food service location managed by Dining Services.  These include a full coffee shop Bruin Grounds, located in the Bunch Library, two convenience stores (The Corner Court and What's Bruin), two quick-service restaurants in the Curb Café (Chick-fil-a & Mein Bowl), Burrito Bowl & Freshens Smoothies, We Proudly Serve Starbucks, McAlister's Deli, and our all-you-care-to-eat Dining Hall in the Harrington Dining Hall. 

You can also redeem Bruin Bucks at select off campus restaurants.

How and when can I purchase Bruin Bucks?

Bruin Bucks can be purchased online at After logging into

  1. Students should select the green "Housing" icon on the left side of your My Belmont homepage;
  2. Student should then select Add Bruin Bucks.
  3. Bruin Bucks purchased online will be billed to the student's account and payment is not required at the time of purchase. Please allow 2-3 business days for the activation of Bruin Bucks that are purchased online.

Additionally, students can purchase Bruin Bucks using cash, check or credit card in our office at Belmont Central. Bruin Bucks that are purchased in our office are activated for immediate use.

Why should I consider more Bruin Bucks?

With Bruin Bucks, you have the security of not having to carry cash or credit cards.  Lost cards can be reported at Dining Services and the remaining balance can be transferred onto a new ID card.  Lost or stolen ID cards can also be replaced.  Should this happen to you, please contact Campus Security at 615-460-6617.

How can I get more information?

For additional information, please visit Campus Dining and Sodexo, our Dining Services Partner. You can also contact Belmont Central at 615-460-5402 or  for additional questions.