This regulation size gymnasium at the Beaman Student Life Center is available for open recreation at all times except when it conflicts with Intramural events or pre-approved special events. More information concerning any pre-approved events may be obtained by contacting the Assistant Director of the Beaman Center at (615) 460-6262.
Recreational Gymnasium Policies
- Individuals conducting themselves in an anti-social manner will be asked to leave the building. This includes, but is not limited to, un-sportsman-like conduct, profanity, and equipment misuse.
- Beverages are not allowed on the hardwood or synthetic surfaces. This includes liquids in sealed tops. Under no circumstances are glass containers allowed in the Beaman Student Life Center.
- Any individual, who dunks, attempts to dunk, hangs on or breaks down the rims of the basketball goals will be asked to leave the building and must show a Belmont I.D. before leaving the premises. Repeat offenders will be suspended for two weeks from the facility.
- Court shoes must be worn when using the gymnasium. No street shoes, boots, or sandals are allowed. No individual will be allowed use of the courts when barefooted.
- Due to danger to other patrons and potential damage to the building, some unorganized activities are prohibited. Examples are soccer, baseball, roller hockey, and football. The equipment associated with these activities is prohibited.
- No full court games during allowed during afternoon and evening operational hours.