This massive, Real Rock, surface, 30 feet tall and 28 feet wide, provides 1,000 sq. feet of climbing surface accommodates up to 900 holds and natural climbing features. Climbers have the ability to top-rope, boulder and lead-climb.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday 12:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday 1:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday 1:00pm - 8:00pm
Rock Climbing Wall Policies
* Beaman Center has harnesses, shoes, chalk bags, carabiners, and ATC devices available for check out
* All patrons that wish to climb must go through an orientation with the Climbing Wall Assistants and pass a written and physical test.
* The orientation involves a 30-45 minute seminar on the equipment and safety measures. After you have gone through the orientation you can climb as much as you want, that day. Before you can climb again you must pass a written test. If you pass the written exam you then have to physically show a Climbing Assistant that you can tie the correct knots.
* Members can go through an orientation anytime during operational hours for the Wall.
* A Climbing Wall Supervisor must be present to climb on the wall.
* Do not step on climbing rope or climbing equipment. Use of personal equipment should be approved by Climbing Wall Assistant
* The following climbing procedures must be followed:
A. Knots and harness must be checked by the Climbing Wall Supervisor.
B. Only a figure 8 knot can be used to tie climbers on to the rope.
C. Bouldering is allowed during specified times or with permission of the Climbing Wall Assistant.
* All accidents and equipment damage must be reported to the Assistant Director at x6262.
* The Beaman Center reserves the right to suspend any individual for violating the above safety policies and rules, or for any conduct that is viewed as unsafe or inappropriate.