How to Apply:
Step 1 - Apply to the University
Complete and submit the University application for undergraduate admission by following the instructions here
- Complete and submit the Academic Program Supplement along with the University application.
- Select your audition date from the audition dates listed on the Academic Program Supplement.
- Your application and Academic Program Supplement must be submitted at least 3 weeks before your selected audition day. (See the Academic Program Supplement for deadline date.)
Step 2 - Audition for the School of Music
- Your selected audition date will be confirmed by email. (The right is reserved to limit the number of students auditioning according to space available.)
- Come to Belmont on your selected audition date prepared to perform your audition and take the Basic Musicianship Test
- Bring a one-page solo repertory list and a one-page list of music activities to your audition.
- All students auditioning live on or before the February 9, 2013, audition date or submitting DVD's for review by the Febrary 9 deadline will be considered for a music scholarship.
Step 3 - Receive the Admissions Decision
- A University admissions decision will be made when your application is complete with the Office of Admissions.
- The School of Music admissions decision will be made after the University admissions decision has been made and after your audition and Basic Musicianship Test have been completed in the School of Music*.
*Musical Theatre admission decisions will not be made until March 1.
Step 4 - Accept the Offer of Admission
- When you have made the decision to attend Belmont, complete and return the Enrollment Confirmation Form which is included with your University Admission Letter and send it with your Enrollment Deposit by the May 1 National Reply Date (December 1 for Spring applicants).
- Create your MyBelmont account and register to attend Towering Traditions Summer Orientation.
Step 5 - Attend Foundations (Summer Orientation)
- Come to campus for the orientation session for which you registered.
- Be prepared to take the piano placement and theory placement tests.
- Meet with School of Music faculty and learn how to register for classes